Friday, April 9, 2010

Housepets

I'm totally over-posting today. I just couldn't leave for a week without mentioning our new pet. We found him (her?) while packing. Inside the house. Already comfortably moved in.


Fortunately, our new pet is not of the "large hairy spider" or "sneaky rodent" variety. Elmer is a monstrously large snail. (He's kind of sticky, so I'm naming him after the glue. I'm pretty terrible about naming things in general. You must all hope that Keating gets to name our future children so that they don't end up with idiotic descriptive names like "Female" (pronounced fee-mah-lay, of course. It's Italian.) or "Lumpy Loudmouth.") Elmer apparently climbed in through our window from our neighbor's garden and was comfortably chilling in the spare room. We have moved him to the garden, since chucking him out the window back into the neighbor's garden seems cruel. We'll have to wait and see if he's still with us when we get back from Cancun.

1 comment:

Craig said...

I'm sorry Shannon, but your housepets are totally lame. We had those things all over in San Diego, and that little fellow's only medium-sized at best. Here are a few of the animals that have taken up residence inside of my current and/or last house:

Mice
Bushrats
Hundreds of geckos
Spiders just a little smaller than my head
Brush-tailed possums
Blue-tongued skinks

So when you have to fight a possum who's sitting on your kitchen table over the food you had been recently planning to eat, you just let me know :D

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Common_Brushtail_Possum