Thursday, June 3, 2010

Back to Buffalo

Keating and I are busy excitedly packing tonight. Very early tomorrow morning we leave for our first trip back to the States since we moved to Mexico in December. We're headed back to Buffalo for our friends' wedding. Robin, the bride, was responsible for introducing me to Keating... and she even loaned me the perfect shoes for our first date! Keating asked me out at my birthday party, which is incidentally the same party where Rob met my fellow grad student "Manthew". Manthew (named such for early confusion over his name) is the groom this weekend. Keating and I are so excited to be able to celebrate their wedding with them this weekend!

As I pack, I'm giddily reviewing the delights to come: friends, family, Duff's wings (!!!!), American pizza, being able to flush toilet paper, driving, etc. Yay!!!!

And because everything somehow comes back to work, I will also be picking up a depth sounder for use in my field work down here. It should totally beat that rock tied to laundry line that I was using to measure lake depths last time. I'm headed back to the field shortly after I get back from Buffalo with my improved equipment. With me luck that neither trip, Buffalo or the field, includes more run-ins with tadpoles or free-range crocodiles.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Have a safe trip!! We went to Buffalo last weekend and I was SOOOOO EXCITED to go to Duffs. Although, I've been a vegetarian for about a year now, so I brought my own veggie "chicken," which Bill's friend tossed in the sauce for me. It's nice to be buds with the owner. :-)

:: DROOL :: Duffs....

Have a fun (and safe!) trip!

Becky said...

I.
Miss.
Duffs.

SO much :(